I run into a little test of Plone 2.1 today. And the whole stuff, seems to be slower than Plone 2.0.5. I decided to do a little benchmark, and yes Plone 2.1 seems to be really slower..
Plone 2.0.5 (python 2.3.4)
Total transferred: 239130 bytes HTML transferred: 234620 bytes Requests per second: 5.52 [#/sec] (mean) Time per request: 181.261 [ms] (mean) Time per request: 181.261 [ms] (mean, across all concurrent requests) Transfer rate: 128.54 [Kbytes/sec] received
Plone 2.1 (python 2.3.5)
Total transferred: 240740 bytes HTML transferred: 237440 bytes Requests per second: 3.54 [#/sec] (mean) Time per request: 282.476 [ms] (mean) Time per request: 282.476 [ms] (mean, across all concurrent requests) Transfer rate: 83.19 [Kbytes/sec] received
Grr, here is two point to read:
- The 2.1 version is really slower look at the transfer rate..
- But this is astomish slow
The bench was done on:
- pure zope httpd (no apache or squid frontend)
- without debug enable
- with default HTTPCache and RAMCache enable (default install setting)
- a dual Xeon at 2.6Ghz with 1Go of RAM ! (I know python only use 1 CPU but !!!)
I first think my setup is buggy, but no.. nobody with a good CMS in stock ?