Ok, yes, I bought a new WRT54GS, this works quite fine. I ‘m able to do what i want with that stuff. I will explain in a future post how to use this stuff in a secure way without using WEP.
Here is the list of firmware to use on this little box:
- The Official one (pretty nice, but doesn’t allow telnet over device )
- Sveasoft (the infamous weaked GPL one)
- EWRT (sveasoft + nocat -> hotspot)
- Wifi-box (hum not tested yet)
- openWRT (minimal setup without http)
- MeshBoxKit (openWRT + OLSR, special for Meshing)
Look at Seattle wiki on WRT for more infos. Do you use another one ?