http://supybot.sourceforge.net (SupyBot) is the coolest ircbot written in python, that i’ ever used. After 3 years of good work with eggdrop, it’s time to use something more userfriendly and python based.
- download and install it (python setup.py install) as usual
- run the supybot-wizard to build your own bot script
- call supy-adduser script to add you as a user of the bot, don’t forget to add the ‘owner’ capabiliy.
- run the bot.
- @ / msg : to send a command to the bot, simply post @dummy_command or send it to bot directly (/msg)
- to load a plugin: @load plugin_name
- to identify yourself (users are in conf/users.conf) /msg bot identify login password
- @list : list (w/o argument) will return the plugin list
- @list Plugin; will give you function of the plugin
- @help plugin ../ @apropos: give help about commands.
- @services getops: ask the op for the bot at chanserv
The main purpose of an ircbot is to give op right at the user join. To do this you need to:
- @enforcer config auto-op true : ask the ircbot to do auto-op
- add the capabily ‘auto-op’ to the user: @addcapabilty login auto-op
- Now when the user identity himself, he will be oped by the bot
- the next step is to play w/ hostmasks to avoid the need of identify
call @hostmasks login to see the hostmasks for a user / and add/delhostmasks to set masks need to do this. for exemple: addhostmask jkx ‘soif!~soif@*.abo.wanadoo.fr‘